Sunday, September 9, 2012

Book Stores & Libraries "at the beach"

Bev and I took a couple of days to promote my book Murder on the Front Nine to local book stores and local libraries.  We started off in Georgetown which is the southern end of The Grand Strand.  The book store is Harborwalk Books and the lady there, Ann Carlson, was kind enough to stock some books for me.  Bev also got to have lunch in Georgetown which she and I both enjoyed.  She ordered green-fried tomatos while I had the beef stew over rice with butter beans, potato salad and pickled beets.  Our next stop was My Sister's Books in Pawleys Island.  Bess Long was very hospitable and she also took books for the store.  She also invited me to the stores 10 year anniversary in October.  I am looking forward to it.  I also donated a book to the Chapin Library in Myrtle Beach, the North Myrtle Beach Library and the Little River Library. We also stopped at Pelican Book Store in Sunset Beach NC., where Anne Harris took some books for her store.   I have included pictures.
     Here's some more info pretaining to The World Amateur Tournament.  There were thirty-five disqualifications out of 3100 golfers, which ranged from rules violations to handicap violations.  During the tourney, an average of two to three players in each of the sixty-eight flights had their handicaps adjusted and narrowly avoided a DQ.  There may have been a record set for the worst score ever in the tourney.  A guy from Texas, with a 32 handicap, shot 125, 130, 169 and 163!! An 11 year old girl with a 14 handicap won her flight with rounds of 82, 92, 84 and 83 for a net 281.  She stumbled in the championship round with a 98.  Get yourself a handicap and come on down next year.  Join in on the fun.
     My real estate company has just changed the name from S & Z Properties & Realty to Beach & Country Realty.  I like the new name.  Prices are still on the low end down here so y'all come on down and pick up a bargain, we're dealin.  See ya, Steve & Bev
 
Harborwalk Books in Georgetown
 
My Sister's Books in Pawleys Island
Pelican Bookstore in Sunset Beach, NC
 
Chapin Memorial Library in Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach Library
Little River Library
 
 
 
 
 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment